2.23.2010

La Vie {Life} - Snow edition

Is it possible to love California any more than I already do? I think yes! I'm a native of California and after 20 something (closer to 30-ish, omg) years of living the great California lifestyle it still amazes me that there is something for everyone here. Beaches for the surfers, vineyards for the wine-o's, mountains for the crazy hikers, deserts for the...wait...who loves deserts?...hmmm I'm not sure about that one, but we definitely have deserts here...ooh I know, deserts for the resort loving folks (think Palm Springs)! And of course we have our fair share of....SNOW! And this is where my story begins.

I took a snow day last weekend with some friends and brought my favorite snausages with me. Now if you know anything about me, I absolutely HATE being cold. I abhor it. Fancy word, no? :) But seriously, I'm a tropical person. It's in my DNA. I'm sure of it. My people hail from an island for crissakes! But every few years I have this urge to step outside my comfort zone and I dredge my little butt up and out to the snow to "enjoy" some snow activities. Yes I put enjoy in quotes. I'm a big fat whiney whiner. Did I mention I hate being cold? Ok good. With that in mind, I pulled out the snow pants and snow shoes and headed up the hill to find some snow. To my surprise, it turned out to be a perfectly lovely day! We went sledding, had a snowball fight with some rebel sledders, made snow angels, and it even snowed while we were there. It was quite picturesque. Ansel Adams-esque, even. And you know what? I guess I don't hate the cold as much as I thought. In fact, I can't even really remember being cold at all....gasp. Were we all really having that much fun? I guess we were.



This was right off the freeway. Can you believe it?


Sledding + Dog = Accident waiting to happen!


This is a snow dog snausage. That's all.


I caught the snowflakes in my hand! Snowflakes are cool.

I ♥ California.

- Emmy Cube



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mia that's a shot!!! Love your work... Keep climing darling!

Post a Comment

Next Next Home
 
javascript:void(0)