11.19.2009

Autumn

Do people still say Autumn in reference to the Fall season? I think it should be used more. It's such a pretty word, no? Autumn. Autumn. Autumn. Autumn. Autumn...and the word's lost all meaning. I'm good at that. Now you try....................... Told ya! Why am I so ADD?

I'm lucky enough to live in a state that has almost perfect weather 365 days a year. Yeah, I'm talking California baby. Good old Cali. My home state. I can't complain. I won't complain. Ever. I'm a first generation Californian (thank you parents!!) and I don't plan on leaving ever ever ever! It's true. I see no need to subject myself to tornadoes or hurricanes or severe snow storms and the like. I'm perfectly happy with my 70 degree weather year round (read: I'm a total baby in cold weather and you really don't want to hear me whine about being cold. People have likened it to a cat being tortured. I'm just saying).

That being said, California seems to lack seasons. I'm talking real seasons...the kind you see in December in Colorado or New York. We are literally a season-less state. That's kind of sad. No really, it is. In other parts of our glorious country the leaves have changed colors and fallen from the trees. Oranges, reds and browns litter the city and countryscapes. I imagine it's quite beautiful. I say "imagine" because I've never actually experienced Autumn outside of California.

But hold on there... Hold the press... This just in... Walking around northern California the last couple of weeks it seems Autumn has finally arrived (it's November, but better late than never, right?)! The trees are shedding the most beautiful colored leaves, the wind is picking up and the air is definitely crispy. I feel like I'm in a Norman Rockwell Autumn painting!! Ok, maybe not, but it's Autumn nonetheless and it's purrrrrrty!


















And is it just me or do those pictures make you want to grab some pumpkin cookies, gingerbread and hot chocolate stat?! Calorie free of course. Grab your coat folks, it's Autumn outside!


- Emmy Cube



2 comments:

Ramona | Fab Everyday said...

Beautiful! We don't get to see colors like this in So Cal. Not with it being 80 degrees plus every day of November.

Anonymous said...

Autumn is one of my favorite words! Your pics just get gooder and gooder; that street shot IS a painting right?? Gorgeous ma dear.

Post a Comment

Next Next Home
 
javascript:void(0)